Eastside Speech Solutions is still open and providing a service to our clients during the COVID-19 pandemic. This enables our clients to continue to work on their goals, and prevent them regressing.
During periods where there are “stay and home orders”, we encourage as many clients as possible to access our services via telehealth using online videoconferencing software. Those for whom this is impractical are able to attend the clinic.
Our Clinic Infection Control Measures
- Before every appointment, clients are contacted via email to remind them of the current restrictions, and instructed not to come to clinic if they are been to any mandated hotspots, or in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or if they have any cold or flu-like symptoms
- Everyone entering the clinic are required to sign in using the QR code clearly displayed in multiples areas of the practice, sanitise their hands, and have their temperatures taken
- All clinicians and clients over 12 years of age wear masks
- If it is evident that anyone is ill, they are to leave the premises immediately
- All high touch surfaces (door handles/door bell) are wiped with Aeris Active Broad-spectrum disinfectant cleaner
- All high-risk surfaces are wiped with alcohol wipes after each use
- All toys are cleaned after each use
- Plush toys & cushions are not in use
- Single use mats are used for children playing on the floor
- All books/magazines and toys have been removed from our waiting room
- Clients, parents and caregivers are not to wait in the reception area
- Only one parent/caregiver is to attend appointments with children, to insure the 4sq m rule is adhered to
- Public health information about handwashing is displayed in the bathroom areas
- All staff are not allowed onto the premises if they are in anyway unwell. A negative COVID-19 test is required prior to retuning after cold and flu like symptoms
We are regulated by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and we are a registered NDIS provider which means we have all the necessary policies, procedures and frameworks in place to ensure our clinic is a safe environment for our clients and staff.
We are an Essential Service
The Australian Federal Health Minister has declared that all allied health services are considered essential and has encouraged us to stay open to provide health services to the community. Eastside Speech Solutions is considered an essential service.